Helps promote relief and comfort
Includes a protective cover with elastic strap to secure pack in place
Nexcare's Reusable Cold/Hot Pack is a dual purpose pack with many benefits. When cold, the pack provides relief. When hot, the pack soothes muscles. Hot use instructions:
* Hot therapy should not be used until 48 hours after the injury. * Heat only when pack is at room temperature.
Hot water heating:
1. Bring 3 quarts of water to a rolling boil. 2. Remove water from heat. Place pack in heated water for no more than 7 minutes. 3. Remove pack carefully from water. Check for leaks.
1. Lay pack flat in the microwave oven on a paper towel or paper plate. 2. Heat at full power for 20 seconds. If pack expands like a balloon: Stop heating. Pack is too hot. Let pack cool. Check for leaks. 3. Remove pack carefully from microwave oven and knead to distribute heat evenly. Check for desired temperature (See applying Hot Pack to Skin). 4. To reheat, place pack back in microwave for 15 second intervals until desired temperature is reached. Knead pack again to distribute heat.
Applying hot pack to skin:
1. Check for leaks. 2. Insert pack in cover or wrap in cloth. 3. Check for desired temperature by carefully placing covered pack against forearm. If too hot, let cool. When comfortable, apply to desired area. Remove pack if it becomes uncomfortable.
Cold Use Instructions:
* Cold therapy is recommended for the first 48 hours following the injury. * Store cold pack in freezer for at least two hours.
Applying cold pack to skin:
1. Insert cold pack in cover or wrap cloth. 2. Apply cold pack to desired area. Remove pack if it becomes uncomfortable. Do not apply for longer than 20 minutes at a time.